grapes either green or red, are very nutritious and delicious. Eating grapes is often recommended for people with certain health conditions including heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and high blood pressure. Grapes can be eaten raw or used in cooking, making juice, jelly, jams, or wine.
If you like grapes and you’re wondering if grapes are good for weight loss or not then this post is for you.
They’re Loaded with Nutrients!
Grapes are a great addition to your diet because they have a variety of nutrients. In fact, grapes are considered as one of the healthiest fruits. They are rich in antioxidants and they contain a lot of vitamins and minerals. 100g of grapes has only 70cal with:
- 176mg potassium: That can help your body flush out water and sodium
- Vitamin C : Which is related to body mass people with normal vitamin C level burn 30% more fat during a workout than people with low vitamin C level
- Vitamin B6: helps with metabolism and it also can stimulate the thyroid that is responsible of hormones and mainting/gaining/losing weight
- One cup of grapes has about 80% water content! which is important in maintaining hydration levels and preventing dehydration and also prevent water retention.
- Grapes can help with weight loss because they have low calories. They also contain a type of sugar called fructose that can make you feel less hungry for longer periods of time.
- Grapes are low in calories and high in fiber, which means that they can help you feel full without eating too many calories.
- The antioxidants found in grapes can help your body to fight against free radicals, which cause stress in the body that sometimes lead to gaining weight, aging and other diseases.
- Lastly, grapes are rich in antioxidants and flavonoids ( such as Resveratrol), which help with weight loss by improving the body’s ability to metabolize fat cells.
The Rich Source of Resveratrol in Grapes Boosts weight loss:
Resveratrol is a polyphenol found in grapes, peanuts, and other plants. It has been studied for its potential health benefits, including its ability to reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
Grapes are rich in resveratrol which can help you reduce your BMI and fat mass and increase your muscle mass according to this study by Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. So that makes grapes an excelent choice for weight loss.
Grape Juice Is A Natural Diuretic Which Promotes Weight Loss
- Grape juice has been used for centuries for its health benefits. It is a natural diuretic, which means that it helps the body release excess water and other fluids. This, in turn, leads to weight loss.
- The fiber found in grape juice also helps with digestion and lowers cholesterol levels which can lead to weight loss.
- Grape juice is high in antioxidants, which help with inflammation and oxidative stress that can lead to weight gain.
Grapes are good for your Digestive Health
Grapes are a great food for those who have problems with chronic constipation, as they are high in fiber. They also contain sorbitol, a sugar alcohol that helps to maintain a healthy gut microbiome by feeding the good bacteria in the gut.
Grapes are also a good source of polyphenols, which may help to protect against oxidative stress and inflammation. These polyphenols may also help to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and type-2 diabetes.
Pin it and continue reading it later!
- Does The Sugar In Grapes Cause Weight Gain:
no, sugar in grapes can’t cause you weight gain because grapes have other nutrients like fibers . Usually grapes will make you feel full so you won’t eat more, but it’s all about moderation.
- How many grapes is 100 calories?
About 30 grapes, red or green.
- Do grapes make you put on weight?
Even though grapes contains sugar, it can not make you put weight as long as you eat the right amount included in your weight loss diet.
- how many grapes should you eat per day:
The amount of grapes you eat will depend on your calorie needs, your diet type, your body type and your workout, one serving is about 30 grapes (100cal) is good but it’s all about moderation.
- How To Use Grapes For Weight Loss
You can make a grape smoothies, add grapes to your salad or oatmeal, or you can simply east them raw. Another way to use grapes for weight loss is to cook them, freezing them into popsicles, or making a grape sauce!
How To Use Grapes On A Daily Basis To Lose Weight & Get Healthy
This diet is low in calories and is an easy way to eat less without feeling hungry. Simply eat all the grapes you want for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Easy grapes recipes for weight loss:
A grape smoothie recipe for weight loss is an easy way to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your daily diet. Grape smoothies are also a great way to get kids or picky eaters to eat their vegetables.
The ingredients of the grape smoothie recipe for weight loss are:
- 1 cup of fresh, frozen, or canned grapes
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 2 cups of water
Blend all the ingredients and voila! Enjoy your healthy grape smoothie.
Here some other grapes recipes you can include in your weight loss diet:
While grapes have many health benefits and can help you lose weight, they can be bad for you or have the opposite effect on weight if you eat too much of them or drink too much grape juice.