honey and brown sugar scrub is good for all types of skin because it is great for exfoliating! RAW honey is nutritious, rich in antioxidants, and also it’s great for skin combined with brown sugar that is an amazing exfoliator and excellent in removing dead cells.
This is an easy DIY on how to make a homemade honey and brown sugar scrub that is perfect for all types of skin!
Why using Honey and brown sugar scrub:
One of the many benefits of using Honey this scrub are:
- Its antioxidant properties
- Helps brighten The Skin
- Its ability to fight acne
- Anti-aging, especially if you use Jujube honey that has been proved for its protective effects against DNA damage.
- Another benefit of using organic honey in your scrub is being able to modulate the skin immune system!
What about using brown sugar? and is there a difference between using brown sugar and white sugar in this scrub?
When white sugar is suitable for all types of skin, Brown sugar is a better choice for sensitive skin, also brown sugar retains certain nutrients that the skin can use as compared to white sugar.
Other benefits of brown sugar for the skin:
- Soften and soothe the skin
- Great in exfoliating your skin
Now let’s make the scrub
The ingredients are quite simple, all you’ll need is:
- 1 Tbsp. Raw Honey ( you can use any type you want as long as it’s organic, I personally prefer Jujube honey)
- 1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- You can add 1 Tsp of oil if you want too depending on your skin type.
To make this scrub, place the brown sugar and then pour the organic honey on it in a small bowl and mix together well. If you decided to add some oil to the scrub, add it while mixing.
And that’s it. Yes, it’s that simple!
Keep in mind:
- Store in a jar with an airtight lid.
- Keep at room temperature.
How to use this honey and brown sugar scrub:
- Wash face well with warm water.
- Apply a small amount of scrub(about ½ t.) to wet skin and massage gently in a circular motion.
- Leave it for approximately 15min
- Avoid the eye area.
- Rinse face well with cold water.
Photo source: sparklesofsunshine