When it comes to making homemade scrubs, honey and oatmeal are some of the best ingredients you can use!
Why is honey good for your skin:
According to Byrdie, honey is good for:
- cleansing pores
- Fading scars
- Exfoliating the skin
- Hydrating the skin
Also honey is perfect for all types of skin and with its antibacterial ability makes a perfect ingredient for a face scrub
Why is oatmeal good for your skin:
According to the School of natural skincare, oatmeal has so many benefits for the skin including:
- It soaks the excess oil from the skin
- provides gentle exfoliation
- helps reduce skin inflammation
- helps to keep skin hydrated
So here is what you need to make an easy homemade honey and oatmeal scrub:
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or almond oil
- Let the oat soak in a cup of water for about 2 hours.
- Filter the water and grind the oatmeal.
- Mix it with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl or a glass jar.
HOW TO USE THE HONEY AND OATMEAL SCRUB:
- After you’ve cleaned and washed your face with warm water, take some of the scrubs and gently apply it to your skin in circular motions.
- Leave it for about 15min
- Rinse your skin with cold water.
Spread the love