Natural yogurt snack with wheat bran and chia seeds for a healthy gut
Lately, I’ve been experiencing a lot of new recipes especially natural yogurt snack recipes with more new different ingredients. And by lately I surely mean since March of the last year but as you may already noticed we kind of lost the sense of time because of this lockdown.
So trying to come up with new ideas and invent new things I was looking for new snack ideas to make that can be healthy and easy and of course with simple ingredients that are already available at home.
I’ve been taking natural yogurt almost on a daily basis to help my microbiome and digestion, and also I’ve trying to add more bran to my diet since it’s loaded with fibers that also helps with digestion ( yes you guessed it right I’ve been suffering from digestion issues this last year because of all the stress and worrying)
And then I came up with this amazing natural yogurt recipe ( I have no idea if others before me already made it) that I found to be very helpful to my digestive system, quick, and very easy to make! I make this snack recipe at night like 2 hours before bedtime, it helps me a lot with digestion.
Now, let me tell you why I choose this combination of ingredients:
Some of the health benefits of this natural yogurt snack with wheat bran:
Natural yogurt benefits:
- A great source of probiotics.
- Helps ease gastrointestinal issues
- Source of calcium and vitamin D
Wheat bran benefits:
wheat bran has a lot of benefits for your body and especially your gut, because it’s:
- Loaded with vitamins and fibers
- Helps with digestion
- magnesium and iron
- May prevent colon and breast cancers
- May prevent cardiovascular disease
- May prevent obesity
- May prevent gastrointestinal diseases
Chia seeds benefits:
- Loaded with omega-3 that may help with lowering blood pressure and reducing triglycerides
- improves digestion
- Stimulates metabolism
- May prevent breast cancer
- Helps to detox the body
- Good for your heart health because of all the monounsaturated fat
- Rich in vitamin E that helps with immunity and protects cells from the damage caused by free radicals
Learn more about how nuts can be good for your health
So as you can see this is not just delicious but it’s a very healthy snack as well!
I usually don’t add it because I prefer the natural taste of the yogurt to stay the same but sometimes when I’m craving something sweet I can add 1 tsp of honey and mix it with the bran and natural yogurt
You can add some organic honey to the ingredients. I usually don’t add it because I prefer the natural taste of the yogurt to stay the same but sometimes when I’m craving something sweet I can add 1 tsp of organic honey and mix it with the bran and natural yogurt.
What else can I eat with natural yogurt?
You can still be enjoying a healthy natural yogurt snack even if you don’t have any of these ingredients in your kitchen, you can also add other healthy options like:
- Berries (or some other fruits of the season)
- Other types of nuts
- Raisins ( I add them sometimes when I’m craving some sweet food)
- some chopped pieces of dark chocolate
- sunflower seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- flax seeds ( just 1 tsp)
Now let’s get to the recipe!
Pin it for later!
Natural Yogurt And Wheat Bran Snack Recipe
- 1 natural yogurt or Greek yogurt choose the one you want both work just fine
- 2 tbsp wheat bran (already roasted)
- 1 tbsp almonds chopped
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- Put the wheat bran in a bowl
- Add the natural yogurt
- Mix well
- Add the organic honey if you want.
- Mix again
- Add a tsp of chia seed and mix again
- At the end put the almonds and the rest of the chia seeds on top and bon appetit!
Important things to keep in mind:
As delicious as this snack is sadly it is still not for everybody, for example:
- If you’re allergic to any of the ingredients
- If you’re on a gluten-free diet
- Lactose intolerance even though yogurt has a low lactose intolerance you should ask your doctor before making it
- Don’t take too much wheat bran it may cause bloating and a study showed that adding 15 g of wheat bran to your diet decreased modestly the bioavailability of vitamin B6. Although this decrease never exceeds 17% so this amount of bran will not adversely affect vitamin B6 when your intake of the vitamin is adequate.
12 thoughts on “How To Make Wheat Bran And Natural yogurt Snack Recipe”
One of my new year’s resolutions is to “eat more healthy foods” 😁 thank you so much for helping me achieve that by sharing this super simple yet healthy snack recipe! Looking forward for more! 😍
That’s great! Glad you liked this recipe. Thank you for your comment!
Great recipe! Adding the ingredients to my shopping cart now!
I need to try this out. Yoghurt is a got to high protein snack for me
Yes and it’s delicious!
Great recipe! I’m always on the lookout for a healthy, low sugar snack. The probiotics and extra fiber are added benefits for sure.
Yes they do! If you’re looking to boost your probiotics I definitely recommend this recipe.
wow…just as I am beginning my healthy eating, this is a great recipe thanks for posting.
Glad you liked it!
This looks both easy and delicious! Plus I love that it is a healthy snack. I definitely want to buy the ingredients the next time I am at the store.
Yes, you should definitely try this one!