Why this tea
Since I’ve started having some gut issues this last couple of months, I was looking for some natural remedies to help me with the bloating, gas, and all that discomfort. I’ve read about the amazing benefits of oregano oil and also olive leaves extract, so I thought of mixing these two together. And it was one of the best ideas I’ve ever had.
Benefits of oregano for digestion:
Oregano oil (found in oregano leaves in flowers) rich in antioxidant properties and high in phenolic content.
- Bad bacteria always find a way to your stomach no matter how clean your food is, these bacteria are supposed to get killed by stomach acid but sometimes when the acid is not strong enough, they get pass it and make it to the intestine and then cause a lot of symptoms such as gas, bloating, diarrhea or constipation and also heartburn. Oregano which its amazing antibacterial properties can help you with these bacteria by its polyphenols carvacrol and thymol
- Also, Oregano oil has much higher level of total antioxidant activity than vitamin E.
- Oregano can be good for SIBO (small intestinal bacteria overgrowth) too, the oil in oregano leaves is a well-documented botanical that directly kills or strongly inhibits the growth of intestinal microbes.
- A leaky gut is when bad bacteria can leak through the intestine wall and enter the bloodstream which later can cause a lot of diseases. So, since the oil in oregano can kill bad bacteria, it can help you with the leaky gut problem by killing those bacteria before entering through the intestinal wall.
other benefits of oregano
- Can fight cold and flu symptoms
- Helps fight inflammation
- Boost immune system
- Help detox the body
Benefits of olive leaves:
- Contains Biophenols that helps with Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- It has Antiviral properties
- It’s a Hypoglycemic, which means it can reduce sugar levels in the blood which offers an additional beneficial effect for the treatment of diabetes.
- In an additional study, after using olive leaves extract, they’ve noticed an improvement in plasma and tissue metabolic profile, inflammatory status, gut microbiota composition, and also vascular dysfunction.
- Olive leaves extract can Boost your immunity
- As the previous study mentioned, OLE can also prevent cardiovascular diseases
- it can reduce tooth pain
Pin it to make it later!
Now let’s make it!
Oregano And Olive Tree Leaves Tea
- 2 tsp Oregano leaves
- 5-6 medium Olive tree leaves fresh
- 1 L Hot water
- Heat water in a saucepan or tea pot to boil
- Put olive tree leaves and oregano leaves in a strainer
- Pour cold water and then wash them properly
- Put them in a cup (or in a tea pot with a strainer that look like mine in the photo)
- Pour hot water on them
- Leave it for about 20 minutes, until its color becomes darker
- After that you can pour it in a cup and put the rest in a glass bottle for later. Enjoy your tea!