Try oregano and olive tree leaves tea to boost your gut health!
Since I’ve started having some gut issues this last couple of months, I was looking for some natural remedies to help me with the bloating, gas, and all that discomfort. I’ve read about the amazing benefits of oregano oil and also olive leaves extract, so I thought of mixing these two together. And it was one of the best ideas I’ve ever had.
Why you should maintain a healthy gut:
A healthy gut is essential for overall health and well-being because it has over 100 million microorganisms, including good and bad bacteria, and fungi. Good bacteria help you break down food and nutrients so that they can be easily absorbed into the body. A healthy gut also helps to reduce inflammation in the body. If your gut is unhealthy, it can lead to a number of health problems, including inflammation, obesity, anxiety, depression, and chronic pain.
Benefits of oregano for digestion:
Bad bacteria always find a way to your stomach no matter how clean your food is, these bacteria are supposed to get killed by stomach acid but sometimes when the acid is not strong enough, they get past it and make it to the intestine and then cause a lot of symptoms such as gas, bloating, diarrhea or constipation and also heartburn. Oregano its amazing antibacterial properties can help you with these bacteria through its polyphenols carvacrol and thymol
Oregano oil has a much higher level of total antioxidant activity than vitamin E. Oregano oil (found in oregano leaves in flowers) is rich in antioxidant properties and high in phenolic content.
Oregano can be good for SIBO (small intestinal bacteria overgrowth):
The oil in oregano leaves is a well-documented botanical that directly kills or strongly inhibits the growth of intestinal microbes.
Good for leaky gut:
A leaky gut is when bad bacteria can leak through the intestine wall and enter the bloodstream which later can cause a lot of diseases. So, since the oil in oregano can kill bad bacteria, it can help you with the leaky gut problem by killing those bacteria before entering through the intestinal wall.
other benefits of oregano
- Can fight cold and flu symptoms
- Helps fight inflammation
- Boost immune system
- Help detox the body
Benefits of olive leaves:
- Contains Biophenols that help with Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- It has Antiviral properties
- It’s Hypoglycemic, which means it can reduce sugar levels in the blood which offers an additional beneficial effect for the treatment of diabetes.
- In an additional study, after using olive leaves extract, they noticed an improvement in plasma and tissue metabolic profile, inflammatory status, gut microbiota composition, and also vascular dysfunction.
- Olive leaves extract can Boost your immunity
- As the previous study mentioned, OLE can also prevent cardiovascular diseases
- it can reduce tooth pain
Before we continue, if you can’t finish reading this post now
Pin it and make it later!
Now as usual before making any recipe make sure you don’t have any allergies to the ingredients, also if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding ask your doctor before drinking this tea.
Don’t take this tea every day, two or 3 times a week is enough
Now let’s make it!
Oregano And Olive Tree Leaves Tea
- 2 tsp Oregano leaves
- 5-6 medium Olive tree leaves fresh
- 1 L Hot water
- Heat water in a saucepan or tea pot to boil
- Put olive tree leaves and oregano leaves in a strainer
- Pour cold water and then wash them properly
- Put them in a cup (or in a tea pot with a strainer that look like mine in the photo)
- Pour hot water on them
- Leave it for about 20 minutes, until its color becomes darker
- After that you can pour it in a cup and put the rest in a glass bottle for later. Enjoy your tea!
In conclusion, oregano and olive tree tea is a great way to promote your gut health. The tea is easy to make and can be enjoyed at any time. It is important to drink plenty of fluids while drinking oregano and olive tree tea, in order to help the gut detoxify. Drinking this tea regularly can help improve digestion, reduce inflammation, and boost the immune system.